Here is the docket# and the original documents submitted to the Supreme Court which they will make a decision on whether to hear or not at the end of September.
Statehood Hawaii has learned the views of an anonymous DC insider, that this conservative Supreme Court will likely hear the case.
Apparently there is still time to have the appeal removed since the Supreme Court has not yet decided to hear it, but it seems unlikely for that to happen, doesn’t it?
1. Docket # 07-1372. 3 pages (32kb)
2. Brief of Respondents in Oppostion. 35 pages (560kb)
3. Brief of Amicus Curiae Commisioner pf Public Lands for the State of New Mexico in Support of Petition for a Writ of Certiorari. 17 pages. (216kb)
4. Brief Amicus Curiae of Pacific Legal Foundation is support of petitioners. 25 pages (296kb)
5. Amicus Brief of the States of Washington, Alabama, ALaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakaota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rohode Island, South Carolina, SOuth Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming, and the Commonweath of the Northern Mariana Islands in support of Petition for Writ of Certiorari. 14 pages (308kb)
6. Reply Brief for Petitioners. 15 pages (272kb)
7. Petition for a Writ of Certiorari. 25 pages (412kb)
8. Opinion of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawai’i. Court Office of Hawaiian Affairs vs Housing and Community Development Corp. 93 pages (18 MB) Large File.